3.10.2012

Debenhams Press Show

SS12
Sorry for my absence, I've been meaning to do this post since attending the event (which was about a week and a half ago) but uni has been keeping me busy and the internet in our halls was down for 4 slow and painful days!  So I know I'm a little bit late, but better late then never!
I've put up a few pictures from the night, including a selection of what's available in stores at the moment, and delicious treats we got to eat (nomnomnom).  As far as the clothes go,  I was really impressed, in particular with the designer collaborations, and the quality of their clothes is much better than I was expecting.  I remember when the first H! by Henry Holland came out and I couldn't wait to go and buy something from the collection... and then I saw the quality... and the price.  Taking this into account, and having seen the new collections, I definitely saw an improvement in the quality of the garments, and the prices now definitely seem more reasonable.  The event appeared to be celebrating Debenhams' collaborations, and they had every reason to, because with designers like Jonathan Saunders, Preen, Henry Holland, Roksanda Ilincic & Matthew Wialliamson the UK department store has blossomed into something more current and relevant.  It seems now that Debenhams understand and are thus focusing on what their fashion-conscious teenage/20-something customers want.  I'll definitely be keeping my eyes peeled for the Preen/Edition collection as what I saw was gorgeous!
The show also had displays from their beauty range, including one of my all-time favourite beauty brands, Urban Decay.  I really hope our Debenhams back home starts selling Urban Decay because since the make-up line got taken away from Boots I've not been able to buy my staple eyeliner!
They were also showing their underwear lines, which were in a very cute arrangement, as well as menswear, childrenswear and homewear.  All their homewear was really lovely actually - very "pretty".  I think I might makie a purchase or 2 when I'm shopping for homewear in the summer as I'm moving into a new flat with my friends in September :)
All photography is my own, except for the last photograph, which is courtesy of Robbie Adam, Duke Photography, Debenhams.

5 comments:

  1. WOW. Such a great post. These items are soo cute :)

    http://fashionbubbles.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous13/3/12 23:14

    Great photos!!!!
    De
    http://blog101.com.br

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous14/3/12 00:56

    Just discovered your blog! Love it and am now following! Great pictures! I just started my blog three weeks ago. Would love for you to check it out and follow back if you like it!

    xx
    Kecia

    http://www.couturezooblog.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous14/3/12 16:14

    Beautiful Blog :)
    Would you like to follow each other? I will be more than happy :)

    Blog:http://donttellmewhattoweariwontlisten.blogspot.com



    Kiss Kiss*Bang Bang

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks a lot guys :)xx

    ReplyDelete

I love comments! (: